There are several reasons why a game may crash, freeze, or have other technical issues. If you've been playing for more than one hour consecutively, then there is a greater chance of this happening.
First, try these tips to improve the performance of your game:
1. Double-check that your device has plenty of battery life left. If you’re playing with low battery life, the device has to work harder to run a game. It’s recommended to play while connected to your computer, a wall outlet, or after the battery has fully charged.
2. Close all applications. When you exit an app, the app does not close automatically. For some issues, including game crashes, it is a good idea to close all applications running in background to free up your device’s resources.
3. If you're still having trouble, try restarting your device. Apple also recommends restarting after installing any application. Follow these steps to restart an iPad, iPhone:
- Hold the Sleep/Wake button at the top of the device for 5 seconds.
- Run the slider across the screen to power off.
- Wait 30 seconds, then start the device again by holding the Sleep/Wake button until you see the Apple icon.
- Start your game.